Theatre Tokens Presents Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Theatre Tokens, operated by Society of London Theatre of 32 Rose Street, London WC2E 9ET VAT number 242 2802 92 (SOLT/we/us), is selling tickets to you the customer (you) for this Event as an agent on behalf of the organisers of the Event (the Organiser) on these terms and conditions and subject to any other terms, conditions or rules applicable to the Event.
- The price of a ticket for the Event is as specified on the Theatre Tokens website at www.theatretokens.com. The price includes VAT where applicable.
- Accepted methods of payment are: Theatre Tokens, Visa, Mastercard, Visa Checkout, Maestro and Paypal. Cash or cheques will not be accepted.
- In order to buy tickets from us you must be 18 years old or older.
- Tickets are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. Once sold, no further tickets are available by any method of booking.
- It is a strict condition of these terms and conditions that the tickets you purchase are for personal use only. Except as may be set out in these terms and conditions, you must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets in breach of these terms and conditions. A breach of this condition will entitle SOLT or the Organiser to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
- To prevent fraud and protect SOLT and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or tickets.
- You must inform SOLT of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details are below. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
- An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid to us) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
- The Event may be filmed or recorded by or on behalf of the Organiser. Where you elect to participate or contribute to the Event (eg by asking a question during a Q&A session) you consent to your inclusion in such recording. If you have any objection, please contact the Organiser.
- Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the Event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking and we will use reasonable endeavours to address your query.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Organiser’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Tickets will be sent to you electronically and a link will be made available to you for access to the Event. It is your responsibility to ensure that the email address you provide to us is valid.
- Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation rights and refunds
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
- If you cancel your ticket or do not attend the Event, the ticket price will not be refunded.
- No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been delivered to you, nor will such tickets be refunded.
- Decisions to change or cancel the Event are the responsibility of the Organiser. SOLT will use its reasonable endeavours to inform you of any change or cancellation of the Event.
- You should always check that an Event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and, if applicable, venue.
- Neither we nor the Organiser will be liable to refund you if we are forced to cancel part or all of an Event due to reasons beyond our reasonable control. However, refunds may be given at the Organiser’s discretion.
- If the Organiser cancels the Event (other than as set out in paragraph 19) and confirms this to SOLT, SOLT will inform you using the email address provided when you booked your ticket. If an Event is cancelled by the Organiser you will normally be offered a refund.
- If an Event is rescheduled to another day or materially changed, the Organiser will usually give you the option of either retaining your tickets for a new date or a different event or a refund. “Material change” means a change which in our or the Organiser’s reasonable opinion makes the Event materially different to that which you could reasonably expect and “material change” does not include use of understudies, a change to speakers or the programme, curtailment of the Event where the majority of the Event is performed in full or any delays to the start time of the Event.
- Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the Event.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to the tickets, the Organiser, the venue or the Event.
Attending or accessing the Event
- SOLT is not the organiser of the Event and has no responsibility whatsoever for the content contained in the Event or any loss or damage of any kind suffered at or in connection with the Event, save as specifically set out in these terms and conditions.
- Access or admission to the Event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Organiser. If you breach those terms, conditions or rules then the Organiser may refuse access or admission (as applicable) or require you or other ticket holders to leave the Event.
- Recording of the Event in any manner is prohibited.
- The Organiser may refuse access to the Event or arrange for you to leave the Event in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, or other anti-social behaviour or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- When you receive your tickets check the details carefully. When attending the Event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
- We may share your personal information with the Organiser and others as necessary only for the purposes of the Event. We will not otherwise share that information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent (as part of the booking process or otherwise) unless required by law.
- SOLT will share your information with third parties only if you have given consent for us to do so.
- We are entitled to assign our rights under these terms and conditions.
- Nothing excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited.
- Except as stated in paragraph 34, we are not responsible for (i) losses not caused by our breach; (ii) indirect losses; (iii) failure to meet any of our obligations where such failure is due to events beyond our control; (iv) any third party technology or platforms on or via which the Event is accessed, facilitated or hosted and you acknowledge that your access to such technology and platforms is at your own risk and may be subject to the third party’s terms and conditions; (v) any loss of enjoyment; or (vi) any wasted expenditure (including without limitation any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation) where an Event has been cancelled or where you are otherwise entitled to a refund of the ticket price.
- These terms and conditions do not create any rights or obligations enforceable by or against anyone other than SOLT, you and, as SOLT contracts as the Organiser's agent, the Organiser who has direct rights and obligations under these terms and conditions.
- We may revise our terms from time to time and will make the updated terms available on the Theatre Tokens website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or restricts your statutory rights, your right to make a complaint to Trading Standards or another appropriate regulatory authority or your right to pursue court proceedings or other forms of dispute resolution such as through the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform, a mechanism through which you can submit a complaint to a registered Alternative Dispute Resolution provider.
- The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by English law and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and SOLT are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If you need any help with your booking, please contact Theatre Tokens Customer Services using the details set out below, quoting the order number you were given at the time of purchasing your tickets (if applicable):
Terms last updated 24 July 2020